First Nations Fellowships
Preparing your submission
You will need to prepare two submission documents (Word document or PDF) before you start the application.
Submission 1: Cover Letter
Please submit a cover letter (PDF or Word document only) that includes the following:
A brief outline of your previous writing experience. If you have had works published, please identify the title of this/these works as well as the publisher or journal (up to 150 words).
A description of why you feel this work is important, either to you or to your community (up to 200 words).
Anything else you will like to tell us about yourself or about your work that you feel is relevant to your application (up to 100 words)
Submission 2: Writing Sample
Please submit your work here. For manuscripts, please submit a PDF or Word file and ensure that your work is in font size 12, double-spaced, and with margins of 3cm on both left and right, and falls within the 4,000 to 10,000 word limit. Please include the title of your work, along with your name, on the front page. For audio files (MP3), please record your name and the title of work at the beginning of the recording.
· Your Name plus the Name of manuscript: The name of your manuscript
· Logline: A one-two line description of your manuscript
· Similar to: Three published works to which you feel your manuscript is similar
· Synopsis: A brief synopsis of the work (approx. 200 words)
· Work plan: Brief outline of your intended work plan while at Varuna, bearing in mind that a Fellowship will normally be taken some months after your application (approx. 100 words)
· Previous writing experience: If this includes previously published works please identify the publisher or journal (approx. 100 words)
Read the FAQ for this program
Go to application form
Return to general information about this program